New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharged ls1. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Supercharged ls1. Please help

Hey guys my name is Mike. I just bought a 1998 Chevy Camaro z28 6-speed with 70k. The only mods are a Vortec supercharger, kooks headers, short throw shifter, and flowmaster exhaust. Still has the stock airbox.

I just bought eibach lowering springs, new airbox, valves and retainers, and a comp cam (231/235 .617"/.621" 114LSA+3).

Ive noticed that the rear end has a slight leak, the rear main seal has a slight leak, as well as the steering rack. It needs shocks, and a driver side outer tie rod end.

Im wondering the common problems with these cars, especially putting 500rwhp to them, and im wondering what I should do to make the car be able to handle 500rwhp, like rear end tranny and clutch. And any other things you guys could tell me would be great. I want to be at 500rwhp safely.

THANK YOU GUYS!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can replace the rear main seal when you remove the tranny .or take the whole engine out .you will need a valve job if replacing valves.start looking for a HD rear end .check out Bob at brute speed.taking the engine out allows for R&R of the steering rack.how much boost is the blower set up for ?what size injectors and fuel pump do you have ?consider some better rod bolts if the bottom end is all stock .
Old 08-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Teching In

I'm at 449 rwhp and I'm already upgrading everything.. I did one piece drive shaft. Eaton tru track rear end a d looking into full suspension. When our cars start getting into the power range of our numbers then expect the stock stuff to give out eventually especially with hard driving.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by garygnu
you can replace the rear main seal when you remove the tranny .or take the whole engine out .you will need a valve job if replacing valves.start looking for a HD rear end .check out Bob at brute speed.taking the engine out allows for R&R of the steering rack.how much boost is the blower set up for ?what size injectors and fuel pump do you have ?consider some better rod bolts if the bottom end is all stock .
Im only pushing 4 lbs of boost right now. Idk what injectors whatever ones came with the kit. 42 lbs? idk about the fuel pump either. Anything to help me out.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by garygnu
http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-a...Ends_c2632.htm
Thanks, I appreciate it. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Supercharged ls1. Please help