New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the site

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site

I'm new to the site and hope i'm in the right spot. I originally posted in the conversions and hybrids forum. I apologize for my lack of attention. I am new to the ls side of things. I have done several old school builds (mostly fords) but want to try something different. I also haven't done a lot with fuel injection other than on the old 5.0s. I have recently aquired a 97 trans am ws6 roller with a good deal of sentimental value. I also have a 6.0 out of (what i was told) a 2004 chevy 2500. I have done my research on everything but the only thing that is kind of confusing me is the tranny options. I only drive my vehicles a couple of times a month since i have a company vehicle. That being said i want a hot street car that will perform at the track. The car will see a little highway use but mostly around town and the track. 4l60? 4l80? 350 turbo? Best gears with the set up? And computer for the set up? I like the 350 idea and know about the adapter but like I said, I would like to keep it streetable with an overdrive. Forgot to mention that the car has a 4 link rear so no torque arm to the tranny. And it will see nitrous at the track. Any helpful advise would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

i have a built 4l60 and so far its been excellent. very strong and reliable.

you'll probably get varying opinions.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4L80e gets my vote, they are bullet proof and you won't need to worry about running a larger gear if you wanted to because you will still have the overdrive. I would stick with the stock computer since it will control the trans. If you run a th350/400 you can look into megasquirt or other forums for controlling your fuel injection.

Quick Reply: New to the site