New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Stereo/Speaker Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 07:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Stereo/Speaker Recommendations?

My 1998 T/A Monsoon CD player is screwing up and a couple speakers are blown. The dealership informed me it would be approx $1000 for parts and replacement of the system (anticipating the worst). I like the look of the Monsoon (especially at night) and the six speaker modules as well.
My question is what aftermarket Speaker and Stereo System would you get to replace the system for $1000 and why?
Old 05-08-2004, 09:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

well, as nice as the monsoon system is, its a stock system. nuff said about that. about four months after i got my old ws6 i tore out the entire system, dropped a top of the line alpine head unit in, infinity kappa components in the doors, kappa 6.5's in the pillars, and totally did away with the 4X6's in the rear. they were powered by an alpine mrv-540(its been over a year, i think thats the name of the amp). too bad someone totalled my car before i could finish the system with a sub, but it still sounded badass. this time around i'm going to prolly go with either that same type of setup, or go up one level and install eclipse/focal stuff, which is car show quality sound gear. my setup w/alpine and infinity came out to about 800, you can find all that stuff on ebay brand new, cheap. i ran that system into the ground and the infinity speakers never even flinched. sorry for the dissertation but i hope it is of some help!!
Old 05-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

There is a Stereo & Electronics section here on LS1Tech that can help you out:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics-19/

errr.... I just notice that you actually posted there first.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

I would do a ALpine or Kenwood head unit. Just cause they look cool and some of the features are pretty good. For speakers i would go with the Alpines. If you want subs get Type Rs i love mine.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Future Fbodowner U wanna race a 1995 Lumina 3.4 dohc?