Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new ride Few questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default My new ride Few questions

How's it going. Just picked up a 2000 SS Camaro, 6speed, t-tops, leather, 5-spoke SLP rims, NBM. Over all the car is in good condition. 3rd gear syncro grinds a little. Not really the worst. Has 115,000 with new LS7 clutch. Plan on making this my project car. It's unmolested just cat-back slp lm1. Other then that she's all stock. I saved her, she was owned by a young guy, well I'm young too, but I respect cars. Rich kid owned it and beat the **** out of it, tires are down to the belts, I offered him 4k came back at 4500 so I took it. pretty good price on a strait real SS IMO. 2 owner no accidents. Okay now for the question, just did the oil nothing un-ordinary, was black to flakes, slude, or brass discoloration. Seems to be having a kind of knock sound. I know about the cold piston slap, this is my 3rd Camaro. This one just seems to quiet down and I still can hear it. was wondering if the belt/pully could do this or is it something worse? Maybe a lifter or rocker? I would like to pinpoint this problem... I hope it's nothing to serious. Hold's great oil pressure/temp. Has power in all gears, I just hate hearing the knocking noise. I'll post a vid, and pics of the car. You can defiantly hear it in the video it's noticeable if you listen closely.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car, looks like you got a deal for sure.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you should pull the valve covers ,and look for bent push rods and loose rockers ,and broken valve springs .
Old 01-17-2014, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, was thinking that today. going to pull it apart this sunday and check it out.

Quick Reply: My new ride Few questions