Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions for the experts

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for the experts

I have a couple questions for all the ls1 experts on the board. I have a 2000 Firebird Formula, for which I have just ordered an SLP airlid and smooth bellow, and it should be coming in a week or two. I would like to know what my next mod should be. I want to get a new catback exhaust system, and do not know which one to get. I want it to be cheap and sound good, but I also want it not to be too loud, because this car is my daily driver, and the neighbors wouldnt like it if i come rolling in at 2 am with a loud *** exhaust. Also, I want it to be affordable. I have narrowed it down to the hooker system, or the TSP rumblers. I am guessing that the TSP will be pretty loud, but I do not know how loud. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

Mike
Old 05-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Go with the hooker, you wont be disappointed at all. I love mine as well as the other 100s of members on here that have it.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:32 AM
Teching In

I tried doing the same thing you are about to do last week. I ordered my Hooker catback for 98 Formula WS6. The catch was 2 different vendors are completely out of stock. One, the biggest one says they can't get them again and canceled my order. I just resolved to ordering the TSP Rumbler as I have heard nothing but good things from them and the Hooker catbacks. Good luck finding a Hooker though, maybe I was looking in the wrong places.
BTW: From everything I read the Rumbler is just as loud as The loudmouth just with a little less rasp, its idle rumble is somewhat loud from watching the different vids, the hooker is quiet at idle and loud at WOT.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hooker is a very nice exhaust. For the price, I'd get it. Also, I assume it is going to be quieter than the rumbler, but dont take me on that.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you have the stock manifold with cats.. You'll love the TSP Rumbler..

This vid shows before and after sounds.. http://www.ls1sounds.com/tsp_rumbler...ORY_00Z28.mpeg
Old 05-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds like I should go with the Hooker system, if it is quieter. Thanks for all the input!

Mike