Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBK longtubes, what o2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BBK longtubes, what o2?

i just ordered some BBK longtubes and was wondering what front O2 sensors or extensions i need. my old o2s are throwing codes so i might as well replace them. arent there some bosch ones that are extended enough, or stock corvette ones work? ive searched around but its kinda confusing.

as for the rear o2s, i need either simulators or get them tuned out? im kinda broke now. im not sure i have enough to spring for HPTuner just yet. can they be tuned out without paying for a full tune? id like to drive around with no codes until i can save for the HPtuner kit and have it dyno tuned.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NW-FBody
i just ordered some BBK longtubes and was wondering what front O2 sensors or extensions i need. my old o2s are throwing codes so i might as well replace them. arent there some bosch ones that are extended enough, or stock corvette ones work? ive searched around but its kinda confusing.

as for the rear o2s, i need either simulators or get them tuned out? im kinda broke now. im not sure i have enough to spring for HPTuner just yet. can they be tuned out without paying for a full tune? id like to drive around with no codes until i can save for the HPtuner kit and have it dyno tuned.
Please explain full tune? You have all the info you need in your own post some use the Bosch 13111 corvette O2's. I ordered extensions from the place I bought my headers from. Plenty of sponsors can help you out with that.

And a shameless plug for Texas Speed. http://texas-speed.com/p-282-ls1-f-b...extension.aspx
Old 02-20-2014, 06:02 AM
12 Second Club

I have BBK LT, ORY..

I use vette Bosch O2s, and I have the rears tuned out. Plugged them with two Toyota oil drain plugs (same size thread as O2s)

Size is a M18x1.5 ..I snagged mine from work years ago, but you can pick them up at autoparts store for about $2 each
Old 02-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Teching In

ok thanks a lot. i hear running without rears wont really affect performance? they'll just throw a code? that would be ideal so i can drive around and get to Vancouver to have them tuned out eventually. i cant afford HPtuners just yet.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

Yes it will throw the SES light, but just out piece of tape over it if it bothers you.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently run stock o2's with extensions. When i drive the **** out of the car it used to throw a Code but it hasnt recently so i havent worried about it. Once the weather gets better and im beating oon it we wil see. I may switch to corvette o2s. My rears are plugged in but not hooked up. Probablly gonna get the bolt mentioned above.

Quick Reply: BBK longtubes, what o2?