Sponsored by:

help needed strange leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default help needed strange leak

sorry for spelling i wrote this quick

so one of my tensioners is going bad i can hear it and i was under the car to figure out which one and i noticed what looks like a water dripping from about the bottom of the water pump. hard to tell where its comming from with all the stuff in their but its comming from about that location and has kinda soaked the bottom tensioner and lines, i thought it was coolant but i put my hand under it collected some and its clear, and doesnt really have a smell to it. my car has the factory dexcool. my first thought was oh its just from the a/c but my a/c wasnt on, hasnt been on at all today just my heater all day. the cars engine temp is normal, no fluctiations. and this is the first time i noticed it i bring it up becuase while its not gushing water, it does drip at a very decent rate, several drops in say every 5 seconds with steady drops coming from the source below the water pump. any ideas or is this nothing? im about to drive the car back to work in an hour so knowing sooner rather than later would be helpful.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usnfenix
sorry for spelling i wrote this quick

so one of my tensioners is going bad i can hear it and i was under the car to figure out which one and i noticed what looks like a water dripping from about the bottom of the water pump. hard to tell where its comming from with all the stuff in their but its comming from about that location and has kinda soaked the bottom tensioner and lines, i thought it was coolant but i put my hand under it collected some and its clear, and doesnt really have a smell to it. my car has the factory dexcool. my first thought was oh its just from the a/c but my a/c wasnt on, hasnt been on at all today just my heater all day. the cars engine temp is normal, no fluctiations. and this is the first time i noticed it i bring it up becuase while its not gushing water, it does drip at a very decent rate, several drops in say every 5 seconds with steady drops coming from the source below the water pump. any ideas or is this nothing? im about to drive the car back to work in an hour so knowing sooner rather than later would be helpful.
When you had the heat on did you have it on the windshield? A/C should kick on to take the humidity out of the air.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by uscav82
When you had the heat on did you have it on the windshield? A/C should kick on to take the humidity out of the air.
i had in on the windsheild for maybe 5-7 min but then turned it to regular cabin heat. i drive the car to work, engine temp stays the same the whole ride, no apparant issues. idk.

Quick Reply: help needed strange leak