New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's headlight gets stuck (NOT MOTOR RELATED)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's headlight gets stuck (NOT MOTOR RELATED)

Hey guys,

Haven't driven the Beast in a month or two. First cooler night in florida in about 2 months, was going to take her out for a spin.

I have been having an issue for the last 6 months to a year. It seems that the driver's side headlight gets stuck on the hood of my car (the insert where the headlights go). The passenger side goes up with no problem, but the drivers gets "stuck" halfway.

Not to be confused with headlight motor, that works fine....for now lol

If I pop the hood, the headlight will work as it should. Upon inspection, it seems that the headlight ....uh, holder? seems to be a little off. When I look at the other side, it is flush with the hood...the driver side is sticking out about 1/2 an inch from being flush.

What kind of screwdriver do I need to secure this and make it tight? It looks like a hex design of some kind I don't want to have to pop my hood, open my lights, and lock my hood every time I go out for a drive at night. It also scraps away a little bit of the hood paint being as though it is forcing up and down.

Thanks
Kenny D

Edit:

Here is a picture showing you what I mean
Old 05-17-2014, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

And one of my cool 1-eyed cat Cyrus

You see what I mean right guys, it looks like it just needs to be tightened, it is kind of loose.

Im not worried about the chip, I can fill it up later with touchup
Attached Thumbnails Driver's headlight gets stuck (NOT MOTOR RELATED)-img_20140517_124002.jpg   Driver's headlight gets stuck (NOT MOTOR RELATED)-img_20140517_124009.jpg   Driver's headlight gets stuck (NOT MOTOR RELATED)-img_20140510_195056.jpg  
Old 05-19-2014, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

Looks like the cover is either loose or out of alignment, there are 2 screws on the back of it that are TORX and i think T-15 or T-20 is the size. you should be able to either tighten them or loosen and adjust so it doesn't rub on the hood anymore. When i replaced my headlight gears i took them both off and had to re align them when i put them back on. No big deal its pretty easy.

Quick Reply: Driver's headlight gets stuck (NOT MOTOR RELATED)