Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TC questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TC questions

I want to get a new TC this summer and have a couple questions about it. First, how much will it affect gas mileage if I drive the car the same way (as much as possible)? Second, what is the best one for daily driver use?

As of now I was leaning towards a 3600 stall Vig. I think I remember non lock up being better for street use as well, might be wrong??? Also was going to have tranny cooler installed at the same time. Anyone know a good installer in either STL or CHI for this??? Prefer STL
Old 05-19-2004, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just got mine in and love it. definately streetable!! makes it more streetable in my opinion. a vig3600 is more like a 4000. vigs are underrated. you do want a lock-up converter. riding un-locked can get old, but you will definately need a cooler, and maybe a fan switch. i have a 19k cooler and the switch and my temps never go over 170. to me having a fan switch is crutial because if the temos go up I CAN CONTROL IT. i dont haveta hope that the cooler is working.

hope this helps
Old 05-20-2004, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

what does 2.5STR mean? What do u mean by riding in un locked can get old and what is the actual difference b/c lock-up and non-lock when driving? So you are pretty hapy with that 3200 then and would recommend it or would you have rather gone with the 3600? I'm a little reluctant to go to a 3600 b/c I was told not to go over 3200 w/ my LT1, but that's a different car.

Thx