Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car bucking! Help/Suggestions!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car bucking! Help/Suggestions!

Heres the story I bought a tank of mobil premium gas on monday didnt drive all week. Drove my car thursday while it was raining and it had been raining for few days. I hit a puddle as I said in previous post and SES came on, it had made my car to start bucking a very slight bit later that night so wtf. So after dinner light went out thought all was good and that it was water in the O2 sensor. So next day I go ahead and buy some dielectric grease and cleaner go under and hit the O2 harness and plugs with the cleaner and grease and snap back together. I was quite happy that I had solved the problem until I start driving later in the day and it starts bucking a little bit again with no SES light, around 3 and 4 gear at 35-45 mph, mostly around 40 mph, same as before. Nothing seems to be wrong with power delivery when at WOT until I did a WOT blast and the light came on steady again. I was so pissed took it home pulled the fuses to reset it and it went out. Was out again later that night and it really starting bucking real bad, like my LS1 was pissed that I pulled her fuses like I wasnt listening to her, again around 40 mph 3 4 gear. But no SES light was thrown and it didnt buck that bad again. Now I think Im paranoid as every little buck or bump or hit I feel I think its bucking a slight bit. I ordered my autotap and am gonna get to the root, any suggestions on what it might be. I was thinking maybe bad tank of gas, the O2 sensors, maybe the grease or the cleaner, k&n oil on the MAF, plugs wires I cant really reachem all, small exhaust leak at the CAT clamp. Goin out to fix this all friday hopefully, havent drivin it all week. HELP any suggestions what it might be?????? This is pissing me off so bad Im thinking bout selling my car just because of a little surging or bucking whatever you wanna call it. Thanks
Old 05-19-2004, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

How many miles do you have on it? And remember, you don't throw away a good woman just because she gets moody once or twice. Just take your time w/ her, and figure it out. You'll hate yourself forever if you sell her.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:31 AM
Launching!

Only 22,000 i babied her early in her life like the queen she is.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Teching In

It may be your plug wires. My car was bucking like crazy a couple of weeks ago, turns out 3 of my wires were bad. It's easy to tell, just wait until it's dark and have someone rev the engine while you look in the engine bay. You can actually see the bad wires arcing at night. Good luck, hope that's your problem. It's an easy fix.