Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 C5 injectors not firing. Need scematic

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 04 C5 injectors not firing. Need scematic

I'm re-bodying a 2004 C5 with a 68 Jeep Commando body. The C5 was running before and after I took the Corvette body off. Somewhere in the process of fitting the jeep body to the C5 chassis, I've lost injector output. I have normal pressure at the fuel rails and I have spark because it runs for a few seconds when I squirt gas into the throttle body. The other issue is that the ignition relay (#42) buzzes when the ignition switch is on and the 4 fuses around it (17, 18, 19, and 33) all read 7 volts plus or minus. I switched that relay with one of the fan relays and the same thing.

The other issue is that it won't link to my scanner. I didn't mess with any of the engine wiring during the conversion other than to remove the ECM from the harness while I was mounting it. I double checked the connectors and all looks ok there.

An engine schematic for this year C5 would help and I'd welcome any suggestions as to where to look for the trouble. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One other thought - I'm wondering if all the welding in the vicinity of the ECU could have fried it. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: 04 C5 injectors not firing. Need scematic