New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time LS1 decisions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time LS1 decisions

Ok, I have a 5.3 Ls1 out of a truck, my plan is to have a 500rwhpish DD with some occasional track days… ultimately a mid 10-mid 11 second car if thats possible, even more if i can do that. Should have good street manners. Now before everyone says do your research, I have. I've heard that you need different cams for N/A or turbo, and that N/A has not the best street manners once you hit close to 500+rwhp… So my question is what is a better choice, all different mods needed aside. For a DD 500rwhp+ car, eventually stick shift, N/A or turbo'd and how big of a turbo? I've heard of people doing Diesel turbo's but that seems extreme? Personally I've had the mind-set that a 500hp n/a car is much more respectable than a turbo'd car but I've been thinking about practicability and turbo is starting to sound way better for what my needs are. This LS will be carb'd not sure if that matters. but any insight helps, This is my first project build (rolling chassis up) and I'm doing it to learn and have fun and make a fast sexy car
Old 07-31-2014, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Turbo would be the way to go if you want good drivability
Old 07-31-2014, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Turbo would be the way to go if you want good drivability
How easy is it to flip the headers and boost it that way? you hear of that or is that more ghetto rigging it?

Quick Reply: First time LS1 decisions