Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help!!

I posted this in the truck forum but am not getting any replies, can ya'll maybe help me out here?
okay well what is happeneing on my truck is the rear end is screaming like a banshee whenever I hit a bump or hit the gas.....my question was could this be metal to metal contact from the leaf springs, or the bushings?? I already had the u-joint serviced so no problem there, I am at a loss to what is causing this thing to make this noise, it makes the noise whenever you push it back and forth, and whenever the rear end flex's.....any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
-Pete-

My next post explaining the reasons for all this starting.....

I just had it all serviced, a month ago, the rear and front diff, t-case, and tranny, but what all started this **** was one of my tranny fluid cooling lines coming from the radiator blew out and got tranny fluid all over everything....then about a couple days later after i filled the tranny up, it started squeaking, and took it to the dealer to give it a once over, that's when they changed my fluids, but the squeak has been getting progressively worse, and I can't figure out what in the hell it is......getting VERY frustrating, i had thought it was the u-joints but no go there, and still squeaking, that's why i thought it was the rubber bushings in the leaf springs that may have done it, cause it may have gotten in there and wore it out??? The suspension is running stiffer then usual, like when i go around turns I find I am spinning a tire, maybe something to do with the limited slip? But then again why would it only squeak when the suspension flex's? Sorry this is so long but I want to get ot bottom of this before I decide to sell the truck....but a 2500HD DMAX isn't looking to bad right now....thanks for the help.
-Pete-

....thanks for all the help in advance.
-Pete-
Old 05-21-2004, 09:37 PM
wrencher

Sure you dont have a bad trans mount?
Old 05-21-2004, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

pretty sure the mount is okay....but everything started going wrong right after the tranny line blew, so I don't know what the ATF fluid could have done to the things on the rear end.