Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help idle prob

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help idle prob

I have a 2000 z28 has world warlock heads, comp thumper cam, ls6 intake, long tube headers, under drive and other parts but my problem is when you get it to start it is loading up horribly on fuel and the rpm's just clime when it reaches 4,000 I turn key off or it'll keep going. Need some ideas on what's going on any info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-20-2015, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome...

Sounds like a bad vacuum leak to me. What did you do with the ls1 4 corner steam pipe under the intake ? Did you use new gaskets in the intake manifold ? Did you get the PCV hooked back up properly ?
Old 03-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by conan
Welcome...

Sounds like a bad vacuum leak to me. What did you do with the ls1 4 corner steam pipe under the intake ? Did you use new gaskets in the intake manifold ? Did you get the PCV hooked back up properly ?
Yeah it's hooked up under the intake, the has all new gaskets, and Pcv is routed and hooked up properly. I'm at thinking either the tps isn't reading right, or there's a crack in the intake something. Want to get it figured out so I can have it tuned @ cincy speed. See what it'll put down. Thank you for the response
Old 03-22-2015, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Usually the 4 corner steam pipe doesn't fit under the ls6 intake. There are several ways to change the steam vents to go around the intake VS under. Might want to look at that. Also have you pulled the MAF off the throttle body and looked to see if the throttle blade is closing all the way ?
Old 03-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the tips and I will have to look into it a little more in depth when I get back home off the road. Honestly I never thought to look at the throttle blade lol. I kept thinking to change the tps tho. But when I do get home I will do some more things an keep posted on what's going on. Thanks again

Quick Reply: Need help idle prob