Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a problem. I'm scared now

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 02:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a problem. I'm scared now

Ever since I put the stall in, the car has been shaking a bit more than normal. Tonight I decided to punch it and I went to about 90 mph and the car was shaking horrible. Could this mean that the stall didn't sit in properly? The U joints are bad?? Somethings wrong with the driveshaft? And also earlier today my Service Engine Soon light came on. The car is shifting fine. But now I have this bad vibration. Any ideas?
Old 06-02-2004, 02:31 AM
TECH Resident

Get your code scanned and find out what it is. It might not be related to the stall... or it might be. But you need to find out what the code is first.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:11 AM
11 Second Club

I would not sleep or not drive the car until I found the shaking problem.
I think the verter would have to be seated in the pump, chk u joints first ( after chk code ) if no problem at this point, not sure but think if pull starter may chk converter bolts, also chk flexplate for cracks
just my .02' but I would not drive car with your problem
Old 06-02-2004, 10:21 AM
12 Second Club

I'm having the same problem, only mine started out as a slight vibration, and now feels like my car is about to come apart. I have, turned my converter through all three holes, changed plugs, checked my driveshaft and u-joints. My car isn't missing, and it wasn't having any problem at all before the converter install. I'm converting to a six speed weekend after next, so I'm just not driving my car until then. I know how frustrating it is though. I've been without my car fro 2 weeks now, but I agree that I wouldn't drive yours until you found your problem. I'd almost guarantee that it's your conveter, but I could be wrong. Just cover all your bases.....ie. engine miss, flexplate warp, tc bolts before you go through the trouble of pulling your tc.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Well, I'm hoping that it's the drive shaft or U-joints. When we were putting everything back on after the torque converter install we had to literally hang and pull on it to make jar in the Torque Arm back to it's place and to fit in the bolts. I feel the vibration coming from the back of the car. Not from under me where the tranny is. And the flexplate isn't cracked because I swapped it for another one. Oh well, I'll find out why the SES light is on by sunday hopefully. I can't go too long without driving my baby.