New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member looking for info! Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member looking for info! Please Help!

I use this website all the time for research and DIY's but couldn't seem to find anything on the problem I'm having which is why I made an account.. I have a 2001 Camaro w/ 119000 miles that is pretty much stock for now but for a while now I have been hearing this squeal/ groaning sound coming from the rear of my car when going in reverse. It usually only does it when I have the wheel turned and start accelerating backward but I can't seem to find the issue? Anybody had this problem or know anything? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by TWINTURBOLS1; 05-07-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TWINTURBOLS1
I use this website all the time for research and DIY's but couldn't seem to find anything on the problem I'm having which is why I made an account.. I have a 2001 Camaro w/ 119000 miles that is pretty much stock for now but for a while now I have been hearing this squeal/ groaning sound coming from the rear of my car when going in reverse. It usually only does it when I have the wheel turned and start accelerating backward but I can't seem to find the issue? Anybody had this problem or know anything? Any input is greatly appreciated.
im still relatively new here so someone please correct me if im wrong.

groan from rear ive heard happens with someone didnt add the additive for the posi or worse case is the rear might be going bad?
change the rear diff fluid and make sure you add the additive se if it helps.

otherwise i have no idea.

there are a lot of friendly and very helpful people on here.

any other details?
any and all info helps diagnose easier

Quick Reply: New Member looking for info! Please Help!