Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

traction control power loss!!!help

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traction control power loss!!!help

Hello I have a 98 Camaro with 2000ls1 motor I do not have traction control but I will be cruisining around no matter the speed and my traction control. Light comes on and its no biggie but if I stomp the gas I will bogg out but most of the time backfires and shuts the car off!!!.... Or if i start getting wheels or race somone light pops right on and shuts me down.... I no the tc is with the abs so that's why the light comes on but this is not safe!! Is there a way to shut this tc off???? Without paying to get it burned out??? I cant even take my car to the track because soon as i start hualing *** it will shut down....
Old 05-14-2015, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sickcadaver
Hello I have a 98 Camaro with 2000ls1 motor I do not have traction control but I will be cruisining around no matter the speed and my traction control. Light comes on and its no biggie but if I stomp the gas I will bogg out but most of the time backfires and shuts the car off!!!.... Or if i start getting wheels or race somone light pops right on and shuts me down.... I no the tc is with the abs so that's why the light comes on but this is not safe!! Is there a way to shut this tc off???? Without paying to get it burned out??? I cant even take my car to the track because soon as i start hualing *** it will shut down....
look at my thread i had made.
very similar issue and it turned out after doing headers and egr/air delete one bolt landed between my starter and the starter hot wire.

so just look for any bolts that could be arching around starter, ac comp, headers, spark plugs, etc etc

other then that check all your grounds. you can search for them because there is like 13+under the hood

otherwise i have no idea and hope you get it figured out

Quick Reply: traction control power loss!!!help