Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question

yesterday my car had ran alittle hot i solved that issue(took air dam off when jacked up car and forgot to put back on) the highest the factory temp gauge went to was the 3/4 before i put the heat on and lowered the temp. should i be worried of any damage. i drove the car today and everything was perfect no smoke etc.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by allmotor1
yesterday my car had ran alittle hot i solved that issue(took air dam off when jacked up car and forgot to put back on) the highest the factory temp gauge went to was the 3/4 before i put the heat on and lowered the temp. should i be worried of any damage. i drove the car today and everything was perfect no smoke etc.
You should be fine the factory temp gauge inst the most accurate thing in the world anyways. I've had mine get a little warm after doing a flush and I forgot to bleed the air out.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chris25
You should be fine the factory temp gauge inst the most accurate thing in the world anyways. I've had mine get a little warm after doing a flush and I forgot to bleed the air out.
That's true but that's exactly what I'm worried about. I'm worried that even though it did not go past the 3/4 line it was hotter than that. Although the coolant did not boile over and there was no stem. I would hope if the car actually really got to 260 the gauge would go to the red. One thing though as soon as I put on the heat on in seconds it made the temp gauge go down A little.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:16 PM
11 Second Club

You'll be fine, I just installed deraile pusher fans in my car and it blew the fuse in stop and go traffic. I didn't notice it until my check gauges light came on, I looked down and it was pegged all the way hot. I pulled over and popped the hood to help it cool and I could hear the coolant boiling inside. Walked to the parts store to get a fuse, changed it out and was on my way with no problems.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69
You'll be fine, I just installed deraile pusher fans in my car and it blew the fuse in stop and go traffic. I didn't notice it until my check gauges light came on, I looked down and it was pegged all the way hot. I pulled over and popped the hood to help it cool and I could hear the coolant boiling inside. Walked to the parts store to get a fuse, changed it out and was on my way with no problems.
yeah. i still had a functional cooling system it just must have been running hotter than normal for the gauge to hit the 3/4 so in stop and go it was cooling down. never would have thought that the air dam was as important as it is. thanks for the input.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by allmotor1
yeah. i still had a functional cooling system it just must have been running hotter than normal for the gauge to hit the 3/4 so in stop and go it was cooling down. never would have thought that the air dam was as important as it is. thanks for the input.
Thats the main reason these ram air systems cause a rise in temps, like the FTRA, SSRA Chris, 1313 I noticed a little bump in mine with the FTRA wasnt bad.

Quick Reply: quick question