New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0704 (Clutch switch) I know how to fix it, but it's impossible. Help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0704 (Clutch switch) I know how to fix it, but it's impossible. Help?

I know about the whole P0704 issue and I've seen the thread with pictures that shows how to fix it. I just can't fix it. It's freaking impossible. I got the little door open on the black connector thing and there's no way to get the wires out. It's like they're soldered in. I tried pulling on them really hard while using a screwdriver to support against the switch, they wouldn't even budge. To make matters worse I'm a big/tall dude so my arms are too big to get at a good angle to work under there.

Is there some secret I'm missing here? Is it better I get my independent GM mechanic to fix it since I'm struggling hard? I know it's a simple fix but nothing is going right.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure what you are doing honestly, "I got the little door open on the black connector thing and there no way to get the wires out" I have no idea. But have you seen this thread? Its a simple switch that rests against the pedal. https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...lfunction.html
Old 01-17-2016, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N20zuki
I am not sure what you are doing honestly, "I got the little door open on the black connector thing and there no way to get the wires out" I have no idea. But have you seen this thread? Its a simple switch that rests against the pedal. https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...lfunction.html
Yeah that's where I sourced my fix. Now reading again someone said I just needed to squeeze the white tabs together? Does that actually work? Because trying to pull the wires from the switch is too effing difficult.

Quick Reply: P0704 (Clutch switch) I know how to fix it, but it's impossible. Help?