Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poorman's LS3?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 02:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poorman's LS3?

Just wanting some advice from someone with a little more experience in this who has done it. I see a few who have just wondering. I have a 2006 lq4 with a spun rod bearing i got for free for cleaning my dads 70 nova subframe. I was thinking of Buying either LS3 Pistons or wiseco and using stock rods even if i have to replace one. I was wanting to use The l92 heads and ls3 intake. This car is going to be my daily driver either going into a 72 nova that needs some work or a 68 firebird that's a rust bucket. I may take it to the strip a few times. Mainly street driving though. Would this combo hold up if i had the block sonic tested? Naturally aspirated has this combo held up for anyone? As far as the block i know i will be boring it and it would be no room to ever clean it up if needed but i can live with that given the price of the blocks and my father works at a junkyard so i can get them fairly reasonable anyway. Just trying to see if the combo i dream of is feasible. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Crazyb434; 03-23-2016 at 03:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Poorman's LS3?