Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F body motor mount position

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F body motor mount position

I've searched and searched and find pictures either to close up or to far away to tell. I bought my car as a roller and I'm trying to install the motor mounts on the new engine and I can't tell the position of them. By looking at the k member it looks like the driver side is set back and the passenger side is forward. My question is does the little tab on the clamshell go back on the driver side and forward on the passenger side? Be a pain to correct it when trying to install motor. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

I just got done installing poly mounts on mine. The tab on the clamshell I believe was in the back on the Drivers side like you say. I didn't use the tab for reference though because I had forgot too but I had marked them which side was the top. The part that has the three rivots is the top side so then that's how the clamshell will sit on the motor.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Was outside finishing up and grabbed a pic really quick. Yeah on the passenger side the tab is on the front and on the drivers is on the back.
Attached Thumbnails F body motor mount position-image.jpeg  
Old 06-07-2016, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome thank you very much! Appreciate it that will save me a lot of hassle when I put the motor in.

Quick Reply: F body motor mount position