Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 ws6 cluster wont turn on and car wont turn over

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 ws6 cluster wont turn on and car wont turn over

have a 2002 ws6 automatic with 100k miles has been parked most of the time the last 2 years I switched battery's yesterday with my other trans am its a 01 ws6 that will be needing engine replaced so decided since I wont be able to drive that one I would take its battery since it was a lot newer and it will be awhile before I drop another engine in it well the 02 trans started right up went to put gas came home parked it now it doesn't even try to start I checked the fuses didn't see any blown I still replaced the gauges fuse with a new one nothing my radio light windows work still just not the cluster nothing comes on in it my vats is bypassed aswell so I don't think it would have anything to do with that even though I read on other thread that maybe that was it I was leaning towards maybe the ignition switch ? anyone input would be so helpful thanks guys also checked the battery cables
Old 06-13-2016, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Google "2000 Camaro BCM" and read a little about the problems those can cause but let's go for the easy stuff...

Did you clean both the battery and car side terminals well(like with a steel brush or something abrasive)? Did you tighten the terminals well? Are you sure the other battery was fully charged? I'd put a battery charger on it for a couple of hours to be sure. It's possible that the other battery had enough juice in it for one more good crank and then the short trip to the store was not enough to charge it back up.

I grew up on the "jump it off and drive it to fully recharge" system but after that failing me plenty, am now a firm disbeliever in that. Any time a battery is mostly discharged, sits a while, or is otherwise compromised, I put a good charger on it and give it 100%.

Quick Reply: 02 ws6 cluster wont turn on and car wont turn over