Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 trans am in trouble

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 trans am in trouble

Hello first thing i hope im doing this right my name is ls1michael and this is the first time doing this so please forgive me if its wrong. I have a big problem with my baby its a 98 trans am and its been my dream car since they came out. Its all stock for now but that's going to change soon the thing is it starts and drives perfect for about ten minutes then all of a sudden it will start to stumble and act like it's running out of gas but thats not the case i put a new fuel pump and filter it gets 55psi constantly i put new plugs and wires. But no luck the wierd part is it gets this musky oder to it and juat dies after a while it will start up again it gets a code that says it has to many randem misfires. If you guy's can help god bless. I have alot of plans for this car but i can't start any of them until I get it running first.please help
Old 08-14-2016, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats the code?
Old 08-14-2016, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

o2 sensors?
Old 08-22-2016, 04:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hard to determine.... perhaps diagnose the code, or also that may be a long shot, but perhaps looking into fuel injectors may be a wise thing to do.

Quick Reply: 98 trans am in trouble