Sponsored by:

Possible new F-Body Owner--Guess Who

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 02:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible new F-Body Owner--Guess Who

Here's a cute and funny story.

Over the 4th of July weekend, I drove down to my brothers house for a small immediate family reunion in Savannah, GA (I live in Charlotte, N.C.). I was really excited because I haven't seen my family in a while. I was even more excited because my mom had flown in from N.Y.C. -- I haven't seen her in about 2 months, since I moved down here to Charlotte. Also, I couldn't wait to get there because my brother kept challenging me because he just bought an 01' Caddie. (I forgot the model but it has around 300 H.P.)

Anyway, when I got there, everyone immediately demanded that I drive them around in my T/A with the top off. It was really looking good because I just got the windows tinted and earlier that day I had it fully detailed. (I had to outshine my big brother). Surprisingly, my mom (the woman that never drives over 55 MPH was dying to go out in it. She even came out with her video camera to tape the ride (yes, she's one of those types--always walks around with her video camera. The majority of her videos are her feet or the ground because she forgot to turn it off). Now, believe it or not, while on a back road, my mom, Ms. Conservative (a woman that looks like a kindergarden teacher with her glasses on) told me to "Hit it." I couldn't believe it, here I was doing like 80 MPH with my mom, while she had her hands out of the top screaming. This is the woman that still drives my old '95 Toyota Camry (and it's still in great condition). At one point, my radar started chirping, so I slowed down really fast and eventually, I saw one of GA's finest. My mom, in the heat of the moment, made some comment about "The fuzz being on our tail and then saying (and pointing) "There's a Smokey" (I guess she's been watching Smokey and the Bandit). This from a woman that broke down in tears in front of a judge for running a red light a few years back. Hey, whatever it takes, the judge dismissed the case.

I almost died when she asked to "Take the T/A for a spin" (My mom, using slang!!!!!!!!!). While laughing at her, she firmly reminded me that she taught not only me but everyone in my family and a lot of family friends how to drive (I'm from NYC and a lot of people up there don't know how to drive). Plus she reminded me that while growing up, she would pack me and my brother up in her old (ugly, huge) V8 Buick and drive us down South somewhere and even as far as Florida ("The trip to hell"). What could I do--for god's sake, this is my mom and who can refuse the looks of their sweet mother? God that woman can make anyone feel guilty!!!!!!!!!!! Nervously, I gave her the keys, strapped into the passengers side (It was the first time that I'd sat there--not so comfortable). My mom has handling my beast like a champ. She was giggling and laughing like a school girl. I had to tell her to turn the radio off and to keep both hands on the wheel. (Who'se the parent here?) I swear she turned into a 16 year old girl. After driving around for over 20 minutes, I was like, "Uh mom, isn't it time that we go back to the house, your grandchildren are waiting to see you."

For the rest of the weekend, I literally had to hide the keys from her. She was looking to take it out for any reason, "What, we're out of Ice, I'll go down to Walmart--Hey Teddy, let me borrow your keys." On Monday, as I was leaving out to come back home, I saw a slight tear in her eye. She took a picture of me sitting in my T/A. She kissed me ever so gently on my forehead (just like when I was a lil' brat in Bklyn) and said, "I'll see you next month when I come down to your place." Hey, was it me or was she looking directly at my T/A? Whatever!

Anyway, I think that my mom is a future F-Body owner. I haven't seen her that excited behind the wheel of a car since her ol' V8 Buick from yester year. God, I hope that she doesn't trade in the Camry for a T/A.

Last edited by Bklynstanger; 07-12-2004 at 02:08 AM.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL. Good story. Next thing you know she'll be buying one, modding it, and looking to street race you!
Old 07-12-2004, 06:37 AM
pmh
On The Tree

That's great!

pmh
Old 07-12-2004, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL wouldn't that light a fire under your butt.... If her T/A was faster than yours.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

good story

My mom was the same way. The lady who said if i went 5mph over the speeed limit she'd take my car away when I was learning to drive. The day I got my TA she wants me to hit it getting on the highway nearing 90. I got brave enough one day and finally her and her best friend go for a drive in it.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Default Loved it!

Thanks for sharing that story, I loved it! - Tom
Old 07-12-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Great story!
Everytime I see my Dad, he is always asking why I brought my beater instead of the Hawk. He keeps asking me when I will hand him the keys, so he could have the car for the evening...........Parents