Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SFC's question

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 12:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SFC's question

I think I want to get a set of these, as I don't want dimples to start showing up on my car. I don't plan on performance modifying my car at all but still am going to take it to the track often for fun, so don't want these to happen.
What I really don't understand is the difference between the sfc's on the market, especially the price difference between them. I know of ones I can buy for $90 and some upwards of $200. I understand that there are boxed versions and rod ones. I also know that the boxed ones are supposed to be stronger. Since my car is lowered with the Bilstein suspension I'm worried about scrapping so I think I'll avoid the boxed ones, as they make you lose more ground clearance.
So my questions are what are a good set of sfc's that I can get for my car. It's not going to have much more power than stock, I just want to be able to drive it aggresively and keep the dimples from appearing. Also why is there so much price difference between the ons on the market?
Old 07-13-2004, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Boxed BMR sfcs don't hang low at all. These tuck up really well and the exhaust components still hang way lower that the SFCs. A good deal at around $160. Some of the higher priced are supposed to give you more ridgidity like the double diamond design. For your application either the tubular or boxed entry level design should suffice. I noticed a significant improvement in ride quality after I had a boxed set welded on my car. Now that the car doesn't flex as it used to this allows the shocks/strust to do their job more efficiently. Most of the noise coming from the t-top and hatch weather seals diminished as well.