Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bump steer problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 11:08 PM
On the tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bump steer problems

Has anyone ever noticed that when they hit bumps in the road the car moves around from left to right or vice versa. I have had the car aligned several times. So far the suspension is for the most part stock, all I have done is weld the rear control arm and panhard bar solid, but this has been going on since the car was new. Car only has 50xxx miles on it. Anyone got any ideas?
Old 07-13-2004, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

nope.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Well i think it is just the car. I have a 99 Hawk and when i hit the grooves in the road, my car pulls left or right depending. I thought my car was messed up until I read the little book from SLP and people said that the tires are so big that you will experience this. If you are sure nothing is wrong and it drives straight on flat pavement, it is just because your tires are big and low to the ground. My .02.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:42 AM
On the tree

This is not a following the road problem, it is a physical come around a curve during normal driving and the steering wheel jerks to the side, or the rear end seems like it is sliding around the corner. I have followed alot of the mark stielow build ups and know it has to do with bump steer I just thought that maybe some of the opther members may have already dealt with this and had some opinions on the subject.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:54 AM
TECH Regular

Mine does the same thing and I hate it. If I hit a really big bump I could end up in another lane if I didn't hold the wheel with both hands. I've heard it's the soft front suspension.

Quick Reply: Bump steer problems