Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 plan help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 plan help

before anything else is said i would like to thank everyone here for all that i have learned on this site
I am going to buy a 6 speed 2001 ram air trans am soon(2001 because cheaper than 02, ls6 intake, no egr, and zo6 clutch)
my plan is to modify at a constant, but informed approach but i need your guys help
my direction is to build a very torquey and very throttle responsive car for minimum $$$ and still be legal with good mpg and power i can appreciate on the street with occasional stops at 1/4
i don't want nitrous supercharger or turbo
for exhaust i already picked up a slightly used loudmouth cheap but i want a catted y and long tubes to go with so who can tell me the best stainless lt's with good clearance and good price and a good setup for a catted y
for under the hood i'll get a flowpac and do a tb bypass and an underdrive pulley for heads and cam i'll wait on it($$$) but is there any other mod to help my cause
for my reari'll let it live it's short life and get a 12 bolt with 4.10s when time comes
for shifteri was thinking 5.0 or ripper whatevers cheaper unless there are any better alternatives
for strokerare they worth it who makes a good all around one for the money and what do you think is the biggest i can go while staying relevant to my plan
thankyou for reading such a long post but i think the more info i give the better answers i'll receive
Old 07-28-2004, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

well for headers go for hooks they good, and what ever you do don't get slp headers they got clearence issues. o man do a search ( jrp) did a wite up on exaust a little while ago, there is a company that makes an exaust system complete with headers cats and the works. (so do a search on jrp its a most read, write up for you) as far as torque for little money there is nothing better than a a good torquey cam.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

o and instead, or on top of that underdrive pulley got your self a good throtle body port job it will probably make more of a diff than that underdrive pulley but if you can get both of them.