Sponsored by:

Fear is making me impatient..

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fear is making me impatient..

Alright guys.. here's my situation...

I've been running my TR230 111LSA and S2 heads for a couple months.. But I'm going to Cali.. so I'm going to install the stock cam so that I can smog.. I'll be running the stock cam from now until late Dec.

But going from the TR230 to stock just makes me wanna cry.. I'll be getting spanked by just about everything out there..

In the meantime.. I'm about to finish up my NX Wet Kit install and an ASP Pulley..

Should I just wait until I get to Cali.. (Dec) smog and then install whatever cam I want since the smog will already be done.. Or buy a small smog legal cam to hold me off until after the smog? (this is the impatient fearful part talkin)

I just want the car to be able to hold it's own.. Ya know..
But hopefully with keeping a full bottle.. I may be fine w/o a cam ..

Last edited by Z28Venom; 07-28-2004 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where in California might i ask? I think with headers and a wet kit you should be fine on the street. I agree it would drive me crazy making my car SLOWER intentionally, but who cares if you lose some races. As long as you know you could have won, just keep saying that to yourself
Old 07-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd just wait until Dec to swap the cam. Get the smog, then swap the cam again. I've done it a few times in the past. It's a lot of work, but you'll become very comfortable with cam swaps. lol.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by allthatisman
Where in California might i ask? I think with headers and a wet kit you should be fine on the street. I agree it would drive me crazy making my car SLOWER intentionally, but who cares if you lose some races. As long as you know you could have won, just keep saying that to yourself
I'm going to Naval Station San Diego... 32nd St. I believe..

Should be getting there late Dec. early Jan. time frame.

Yea.. decided to hold off on a smaller cam.. and do some appearance stuff.. A 125-150 shot should be enough for most stuff out there.