Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 problems

first one is simple, my shift stick twists, not the actual handle but the actual stick. is this normal? if not does it have any negative effects on anything? any way to fix it besides getting a new shifter?

second one could be a few things. when i put it in 5th or 6th gear going about 65 my car starts to shake, not just slight vibration but like, the shifter is shaking back and forth. at first i thought driveshaft, but then after i got my carfax i realized the rear end had been replaced by the first owner, maybe that has somehting to do with it?

all help/insite would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-02-2004, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

are you able to move it back and forth while its in gear? its possible the bolt that attaches the stick to the shifter itslef is loose. might wanna take it apart and check, last thing you want is to have the sick come off the shifter while you are in the middle of a busy road.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

well it wont go up and down, so i dont think it'll come out, but it spins from side to side??
Old 08-02-2004, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would check it to be sure. just spin off the shift ****, and pull out the leather boot. there will be one more boot under that. pull that down and you will see the bolt. like i said, i would check it to be sure. im not sure wat else may be causing that. there shouldnt be any play in the shifter, while it is in gear.