New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone race in southern illinois?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone race in southern illinois?

live about 2 miles from the track and was wondering if anyones races there. Its in southern Illinois. I have stock ws6 and 89 notchback with a 429 with a few mods on it (bored .30 over , keith black pistons, hooker super comp headers, speed demon carb, ported polished big valve police interceptor heads, nice size cam, edelbrock intake, msd and a 150 shot that has ran out there a couple times but i am doing a few driving mods to it right now (steering, better brakes, rad, water pump, coilovers,etc) it ran 7.4 on motor(in the 1/8) spinning threw second on 10.5 slicks its not tubbed yet and haven't even bothered with the nitrous. Do to a hand surgery i haven't raced this in awhile. I wouldn't mind meeting a couple guys if anyone runs there. Also can't miss my stanger its about 5 diffrent colors and has a 6 inch white cowl. I know its not a ls1 but if anyone wants pics or sound clip of it i'm still proud of what i built

Thanks
John
Old 08-03-2004, 03:25 PM
NKAWTG...N

try in the midwest forum.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Teching In

i did that also figured having it in the top link compared to almost the last might help

Thanks
John
Old 08-03-2004, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am going to be attending SIU in august.. I move down the 20th... I could meet up with you if u'd like, ill want to hit the strip up cuz i love watching and dragin racing myself! Where are u located at in southern ILL? shoot me a PM or e-mail at mooley@comcast.net or AIM me at mooley09
Old 08-03-2004, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

friday night me and some of my buds all stangs except one wich is a 95 firehawk that runs low 7s high 6s should be their if everything goes to plan. im a red z28, and will be aournd a ton of mustangs so just look for us.