Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPP3 back to stock?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPP3 back to stock?

Just bought one off e-bay. Got it for $91 . E-mailed the guy to see if it's been programmed back to stock, he said yes. Is this hard to do or something? Everyone that sells one here says that it's been reprogrammed to stock. I'm just wondering if there's a way to do it yourself or if you'll need to ship it back somewhere and have it done?

My buddy is getting a '98 TA identical to mine and I was wondering if I'd be able to just set it back to stock and then program his if I wanted.

I searched to no avail....maybe I suck at searching....
Old 08-08-2004, 12:54 PM
10 Second Club

you can only set it back to stock from the car that has the programming on it. You can program another 98 LS1 if thats the unit you bought it for, but youll have to "un program" yours first before you can do-so. If there's a chance the guy didnt unprogram the unit, i think you can send it to Hypertech to get it flashed back to clear the data. Unless you trust sending it back to the guy. Reporgramming back to stock isnt hard to do. When you plug in the unit and your car has already been programmed, youll get a message asking if you want to go back to stock (Press Y to return to stock) or (press N to see other options) Press N to change programming. You dont have to return to stock each time you tweak something. If it's not returned to stock when you get it, you will get a message saying your VIN # doesnt match the stored one in the unit.

Greg
Old 08-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Oh alright. Well, I asked the guy if he did and he said yes. So....I hope he's telling the truth. I guess we'll find out when it gets here. Thanks for the info.