New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To all who own sport bikes....need some input

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have an older ZX9R Kawi and have already ate the gaurd rail pretty hard and I will go ahead and tell you that its not all in the bike, the rider is about 50% and the rest is tires and bike. I have learned to ride pretty hard since my accident and I love tight turns and can hang pretty well with some of the veterans up on the mountain and they all ride 750's and 1000's and if you run up on a bad *** carver on a 600 on a very tight road he will eat you for breakfast. I will say good luck in whatever you purchase and don't let your head swell after a couple of months because you can loose it in a split second on a bike.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:56 AM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Also the RR isnt really capable of wheelies, which i want to be able to do way, way, way down the road.
Run far far away from the person who told you this.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

I agree with the above post.
Anyways, a 600 should be a great starter bike which you will get used to very quickly. I would get nothing less.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

I can't believe you guys are saying that Frey should get a 600 ot 1k or else he will outgrow the bike to quickly. No offense, but if that's the case, you don't know how to ride. I know plenty of people that can ride circles around squids on new gsxr 1k's or R1's on bikes with much less technology and power. If you actually learn how to ride the bike (instead of just twisting the throttle), an SV or similar bike is more than enough. Ever hear of a highside? It is WAY to easy to slide the rear out under power on any of the new 600's let alone a 1k in a corner. Giving someone with little or no street riding experience a bike like that is a horrible idea. I understand that you probably want something thats "cool", but you really should learn to control a bike first. Take the MSF course. Go to a few track days or take a track school.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Squid here... but I am learning with each and every ride.

Bought a 600 Katana and love it. The bike doesn't handle the very best but that is mostly because I don't know how to make it handle. Power is nice when it gets wound up pretty tight. It is a lot more comfy that the strait sport bikes. Lets me ride with the harley crowd on those 300 and 400 mile two state trips just get get a little bite of supper. I wasn't looking for a bike to race or dominate or power wheelie or anything like that. Just something to get me on two wheels. However I do know that it will pull on my 02 WS6

That will soon change when I get a chance to mod the T/A though... The day is fast approching cause I got spanked by a black corvette over in Boone, NC last weekend. hahahah...

Last edited by 02RedWS6; 08-19-2004 at 10:31 AM.