Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New ls1

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ls1

Yo...I'm a new ls1 owner and have alot of questions about my car. I post in austin-f-body also, but ya. I've done the ram air mod and egr mod. I have nitto drags in the rear. I want about 375-400hp at the motor cuz the car already is quick. I planned on just doing a magnaflow blow-thru muffler cuz the stock pipes are already 2 3/4" so an aftermarket exhaust almost seems poinltess cuz they are only 3". I dunno...I'm doing a cam, the air lid-or the K&N FIPK mod...any thoughts on that granted the k&n is like 300 bucks and the lid with an oem k&n is like 160. Also I'm getting a cam from a friend for real cheap. I don't want spray...yet. But any one have any suggestions...it's a 98 black z28 automatic. I've heard do a stall before the cam, maybe an ls6 intake and others. Lemme know. Gracias!
Old 08-17-2004, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You heard correctly. Stall before cam. Also, headers before cam. You can get away with cam first if it's a "baby" cam, but for any real cam you want a converter and headers first. 400 engine hp is NOTHING with these cars, you should be shooing for a lot more than that. You won't even need a cam for 400 flwhp Black A4 Z28....nice choice! I'd just get a lid over the K&N. I was going to suggest you just change the muffler that is fine, but if you get a cam and the already mentioned headers, you will want a whole new exhaust anyway.