Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock sensor code coming up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock sensor code coming up?

Over the weekend I did this mod to my 2000 Z28 Ram Air Mod I did notice a difference after I did it the car has a bit more power now. But now my check engine light has come on and the code is coming up as the knock sensor. I went to the Chevy dealer and talked to one of the techs I knew. I told him of the mod I did and he said more than likely that the car might be spark knocking a bit and setting that sensor off. Because now I am forcing air into the intake & the air fuel mixture might be messing with it. But I don’t hear it spark knocking? Has anyone here heard of this or know what I could do to fix that? I have been putting 93 octane in it just about every time I fill up since I have had the car.

I also shaved my EGR valve so it doesn’t get in the way of the throttle body intake & bypassed the engine coolant through the throttle body. I closed off all opening to the engine while cutting/shaving so no debris got in the intake I don’t think that those mods would cause the sensor to go off.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Justin