New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My camaro headlights are Fogging up?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My camaro headlights are Fogging up?!?

This is my second 98 camaro and the headlights are fogging up on the inside. I have noticed that many camaros do this. Has anyone found a way to prevent it, or clean it???

David
Old 08-29-2004, 08:29 PM
TECH Veteran

THe seal between the housing and the front glass part is probably leaking allowing moisture to get in. Id pull it out and see if you can find the leak maybe silicon it.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, mine did that. My fix was buy a new one from a guy from the sales section for much less than what gm would sell it to me.

I am going to assume that you can get them open due to the clips on the outside. I guess if you can get it open, you can clean it. (my car looks awfull right now too. Passenger side is brand new, drivers is )

-Todd
Old 08-30-2004, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes it is a moister issue and you need should take them completly apart to clean them, then reseal the lights back up.

actually you cannot get them open by just unhooking the clips. You have to melt the silicon that is holding the front lense and the rear panel together. To do this you have to heat you light up in an oven or use a handheld heat gun. Once the silicon is soft you can then pry them apart. FYI: Here is a write up on how to do the painted headlight mod, which you must take them apart to do.http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/224386/2

Fry
Old 11-06-2004, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

actually it may be the outside of the plastic, they "fog" really bad on our cars but it is really tiny little cracks in the plastic if you look closely. Novus sells a plastic repair kit for this, it works... I am doing it today
Old 11-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Launching!

I took the little black rubber breathers off the back of mine and havent had that problem....