Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny mount?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 06:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default tranny mount?

should the tranny mount have any rips or cracks of any kind.? after taking out the tranny mount and inspecting it it look to have a side with an opening and the other side there was a rip. the opening as a hollow side which sat on the driver side of the tranny mount and the rip which was on the passenger side of the tranny mount. also slight cracks on the front side of the mount towards the engine.

can any of these minor signs of wear cause a vibration of any kind. like from nuetral roll to a stop and high speeds on the freeway.

this is a repost of a thread i started weeks ago reguarding my issue with vibrating. and after i checked my tranny mount.

i put the tranny mount back on and re-torqued all to manual specs. then it felt as it went away then came back.

any help and sugestion are great/ appreciated.

thanks in advance
Old 08-30-2004, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should replace that asap. Just get a poly mount and live with the vibration for about 1000 miles. While you're at it, change the tourque arm bushing. I did this and it made a big difference in my cars ability to not spin the tires and the y pipe stopped banging.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

tourque arm bushing. the one next to the tranny? where did you get yours from?
Old 08-31-2004, 02:42 AM
TECH Regular

also tonight i noticed that when in nuetral and rev engine up to 3k and hold it there i feel the vibration. other then just exhaust what can cause the vibration. can the support underneath the y-pipe be rubbing the pipe and cause the car to shake and vibrate.