New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vacuum leak? also need new brights, rear trans am logo, lebra?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacuum leak? also need new brights, rear trans am logo, lebra?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if you knew the best and preferably the cheapest place to get new bright lights, a rear trans am logo plate that fits between the tail lights (it has faded), and possibly a lebra for highway driving at night. its a 99 ws6 if that makes any difference.

also, my ls1 is only a month old for me, and I've noticed a vacuum or "whooshing" sound that is more noticeable with more throttle. It seems to be coming more from the engine on the passenger side. it isn't the intake, I can tell you that. Like I said, i'm relatively new to ls1's so I'm not sure if this is a normal thing or if you think a hose might be leaking. and if something is leaking, what do you think it could be. Thanks everyone.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll help you out on the lights questions. The T/A uses sealed capsules beams, so your not going to find many choices. You can go the route I took and get a conversion kit and use an H4,H7 or HID. The kit is composed of an empty light capsule and you just install the bulb into it. I got my kit from www.autooptiks.com
Old 01-17-2005, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much was it per light?