Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Choosing a New Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 06:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing a New Car

Hey thanks for helping. I am only 15 but am heavily interested in cars, my brother got me turned on to it and yada yada yada....Im savin up for a new car that i will have in a while so im lookin for a fast car thats cheap and unique, i was gonna get a Rx-7 LS1, but i need to look around because i heard there undependable and expensive in the long run, but i have a feeling ill get some T/A's and vettes, but lets hear it. BTW my parents got a 96 T/A but i doubt ill get it.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2005, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Well based on your age and experience (little) with performance i think an RX-7 would be a little too much for your skill at driving...I am 19 and i wouldnt trust myself in a car like that...JMO....You might look at buying maybe a cheaper LT-1 and do some minor mods and hang on to that till you get the jist of high hp rearend cars. Then maybe sell and buy a used LS1 like maybe a 99 Z28 or something nice like that...What kind of cars do you like? if you like the import scene you could go with some fast(er) tuners which are good to learn about motors on and they are fairly cheap. once again JMO
Old 01-27-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

What do you mean by an "RX-7 LS1"? You mean an RX-7 with an LS1 swap or you're considering either an RX7 or an LS1 F-body? How much money do you have to spend and do you have access to a second car? I wouldn't suggest an LS1 swapped RX7 as a daily driver. Insurance on a Vette will kill you at 15/16, I'd stay away from that too even if it's an older Vette. I'd look into an F-body, an LS1 if you can afford it, but just remember that the chances of wrecking it or getting caught doing something rediculously stupid in it at your age is very high, lol. Maybe an LT1 F-body or even something cheaper like a 5.0 Mustang would be more suited for a first car. With something like a $6,000 LT1 or 5.0 you wont need full coverage insurance, just liability insurance. That's what I did at 16 to keep insurance costs low but I also had a bad driving record.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:47 PM
12 Second Club

Im 18 and i tought it was a lot of power when i got it, but now im like whatever.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

I had a 11 second vette when i was 17...It was a used L98 based stroker/N20... Let the kid go fast!