Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Belt Tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belt Tensioner

I need to know whats the best after market belt tensioner (pulley) to install . I think mine is making a squeek sound, when i start the car in the mornings. I am sure is not the power steering or the AC compresor, the squeeky sound comes from the pulley (belt tentioner located at the top left as your looking at the engine standing in front of the car, I hope this discription helps, and I am not sure if thats the proper name for that part. Any advise will be well taken. The Z/28 only has 62000 Miles on it and has been well taken care of all maintenance records kept.

Thank you.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by warmongoose
I need to know whats the best after market belt tensioner (pulley) to install . I think mine is making a squeek sound, when i start the car in the mornings. I am sure is not the power steering or the AC compresor, the squeeky sound comes from the pulley (belt tentioner located at the top left as your looking at the engine standing in front of the car, I hope this discription helps, and I am not sure if thats the proper name for that part. Any advise will be well taken. The Z/28 only has 62000 Miles on it and has been well taken care of all maintenance records kept.

Thank you.
It could be your alternator, your idler pulley, or your tenisioner pulley. If you are absolutely sure it is not your power steering and AC. You can use whatever idler and tensioner pulleys they have at Advance. I had no problems with mine. I heard a guy awhile back that said he did...but everything seemed fine on mine.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Katech makes a very nice piece I hear.