Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possibly Selling My Truck For A SS/WS6

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 03:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Possibly Selling My Truck For A SS/WS6

This thread is just to give me some input guys....

Right now I have a '01 5.3 Sierra on 22's with a Radix, FLP level 4 tranny, Headers, Exhaust, Edit, Auburn Posi, 3.90's + a few other mods.....but it seems like everytime i turn around, something is going wrong and I have to fix it. Which I don't mind, bc i love the "sport." But I've always dreamed of having a SS or WS6, and just wanted to know what kindof everyday and not so everyday problems you guys have. I would prolly throw a blower or turbo kit on it the first week i got it....no joke.
So, i guess my mian question is, what all needs to be done to these cars to have a 100% reliable daily driver thats a complete 400-500HP beast?

-chris-
Old 02-21-2005, 05:32 AM
TECH Addict

400 to 500 HP should be fine stock. If you do a Procharger (as an example) the stock internals will be able to handle it fine and the trasnmission should handle 500 HP as well. Besides, these companies making these Superchargers or Turbo chargers do not have to run a high PSI to get a lot of HP out of the LS1 IMO.

But, I am sure you will get some first hand knowledge from others.

Congrats on going SS or WS6
Old 02-21-2005, 06:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

I dont usually use 500rwhp, stock internals, blower and reliable daily driver all in the same sentance but you should be alright for a while.

If your really looking to get that much hp youll need a forged motor, blower, fuel system, built tranny and rear.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

Well... maybe we should clarify if it is 400 to 500 RWHP or FWHP since they can be different. Also if you add a turbo or supercharger how much HP (RWHP or FWHP) will be added? A Vortech system at 6 psi can add 100 hp and stock everything should be fine.

I would add a post in the Forced Induction area for some responses from those that have done it.