Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Windshied Wiper Hardware

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Windshied Wiper Hardware

My windshield wiper apparatus needs to be removed to be replaced. I am talking about the thing in the middle of the car that the passenger side arm bolts to and that has the two arms that go inside of the cowl and connect to the actual motor.

To further describe what needs to be removed, its the mount for the passenger side wiper arm that bolts on with three bolts. Its a black plastic piece on top and underneath it connects to these two rods that connect to the actual motor.

My black plastic piece on top has broken and I have another one to use from a parts car but dont know how to replace it.

Well, I know this will be confusing but I have no idea what to do now.
If this is to confusing I can get pics later today.

Thanks anyway.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't really know what to tell you, but don't feel bad. When I had my windshield replaced a few months ago, the guys couldn't figure it out either. Took them almsot an hour and a half to get the wiper arms off. (I was starting to get pissed when I saw the mallet come out.)
Old 03-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Restricted User

The wiper arms are the biggest PITA to remove. Took me over an hour just to get ONE off. You need an extraction tool. I just called up autozone and told them what I was doing, they said they thought they had something that should work. It worked great, but it's still a major pain.

Good Luck.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I knew I wasnt clear,

Ive got the arms off and even the black plastic cover off. Now I'm trying to remove the actual mechanics of the windshield wipers. There are the things that connect to the rods connected to rods inside of the cowl by some time of ball and joint sytem. Those are what I really need to get off.

I'll try to get pics later.