Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

smoking Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smoking Z

ok im hoping this doesn't turn into a big deal but if it does....(stroker ) anyways i've been noticing that i've been running hotter lately a lil above 210 then it'll drop back to norm 170ish or so. I figure my stat is sticking a bit so ill just put another one in no prob...well on the hyway i hit the pedal a look in my mirror and i notice some white smoke ...im like what the f***, get off on my exit and slam down the gas again and see the same cloud..not really a cloud but enough for me to figure something aint right. All my fluids are where they should be, level wise...white smoke usually = water somewhere right. Well i pressure tested the engine and i didn't show any leaks so now i'm confused...any suggetions would be cool....thanks in advance
Old 03-23-2005, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

210 is completely normal. your secondary fans dont even kick on til like 235degs. how much oil do you burn between changes? smoke is usually caused by worn piston rings, bad valve stem seals, bad injectors, pcv valve, etc.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:20 PM
Launching!

well i was, had been running way lower than that as far as my oil goes i have noticed a lil more of it being burned away. I also know about the rings and so but i was thinking there might be some other signs before i decide to tear into the motor but a guess at 112,000 it might as well be a good time now.....well see...but thanks
Old 03-24-2005, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

with 112k miles i would look into other things before going into the motor, sensors dont like to last that long, if your not burning a lot of oil then it could be something in the tune like bad injectors, pcv, coolant sensor stuff like that. whens the last time you did a tune up?