Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hit tire in the road

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hit tire in the road

and it seemed to put an indention on the underside of my k&n oil filter. i didn't realize it could make such an impact when i hit it (my car is lowered). should i change it, or do you think it'll be okay? it's not leaking any oil. any chance i chipped the oil pan by having the tire force the oil filter to bend? thanks.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tuffluck
and it seemed to put an indention on the underside of my k&n oil filter. i didn't realize it could make such an impact when i hit it (my car is lowered). should i change it, or do you think it'll be okay? it's not leaking any oil. any chance i chipped the oil pan by having the tire force the oil filter to bend? thanks.

Replace it. It's LOTS cheaper than taking a chance!!

Just by looking at the pan you'll see any damage it may have (look for "clean" spots).
Old 03-31-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear about that. I would also change it to be on the safe side. My friend once hit a tire in his 300z and the bad thing about it was there was still a wheel in the tire. It was a spare of a Semi and it did a lot of damage. Car was in the shop for almost a month.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't take a chance, better to fork over a few bucks for a new filter and some fresh oil now than to pay a lot more for it down the road...ya know what they say...
Old 03-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

You know the saying "God works in mysterious ways" ? Well, this is God's way of saying It's time for an oil change. lol
Old 03-31-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, i'll do it. i had to drive a 200 mile trip home today with it like it is. i couldn't really do anything about that though...i had to be home for work. i'll just change the oil early.

holy **** this was the worst trip of my life for both me and my car. my car idles at 1400 and then i hit a tire on the road. and the job interview i went to go for didn't hire me because i wasn't in a fraternity in college. what the **** could possibly happen next that could be anymore ridiculous???
Old 03-31-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what the **** could possibly happen next that could be anymore ridiculous???
dont ask questions like that, you might get an answer!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah, i'll do it. i had to drive a 200 mile trip home today with it like it is. i couldn't really do anything about that though...i had to be home for work. i'll just change the oil early.

holy **** this was the worst trip of my life for both me and my car. my car idles at 1400 and then i hit a tire on the road. and the job interview i went to go for didn't hire me because i wasn't in a fraternity in college. what the **** could possibly happen next that could be anymore ridiculous???
Shoulda joined a fraternity...

That's funny though, they didn't hire you because you WEREN'T in a fraternity, that's kinda f*d up...
Old 04-01-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, it was very silly. i almost have the right mind to call them up and ask them what possible relevance that has to the job. losing that job possibility is really going to stall me in the job search since that particular job would have paid 150k+ a year...

i did change the oil, and the filter looked like it got scraped up pretty bad, but i don't know if there was much of an indention. i'll take a pic of it tomorrow. probably a good idea that i changed it anyway, considering even if it had no dent, it had marks which indicates the filter could have gotten knocked loose.