Sponsored by:

next?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default next?!

Hey guys whats up?

I just bought a 99 Z and i bought pacesetter LT's coated and hooker Y pipe and SLP 1 Exhaust. i also have the smooth bellow, slp lid and box thats it for now. but i dont know what i should get next that would help me out a lot i read people writing about the diablo and predator tuners they sound quick and easy to use but not too sure please let me know if you have any tips and helpful things i can get next to improve my Z

Thanks
Old 02-22-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

A good tune is always a good idea for even a first mod depending on how long its goin to be before u start modding you're car......If you dont see any big time mods coming in the future id get a good tune, I cant quote on the diablo or predator seeing how ive never used one. But you cant go wrong with a dyno tune but its pricey depending on location......Its only a hundred bucks an hour where I live and they provide u with all the software and help u out for whats best for your car.

Is your car an A4 or M6?
If its an A4 a Stall and torque converter is a must for all modded cars even stock cars really.

You cant go wrong with a good set of street legal drag radials(nitto555rs, etc.)
Strengthening your chasis bulks up the "launch" of your car also.
But mainly its up to you and what you want to deal with and the direction u want to head with ur car (Drag car or daily driver? Lower MPG, a "hard or stiff" clutch).I hope I could be of some help.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:41 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

ASP pulley.

Ported TB.

LS6 Intake.

Your over buying the Predator as well...
Old 02-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Teching In

i mean i dont want my car in the single digits but mainly low low 11's high 10's i know it is a stretch but i hope i can get there somtime!!! lol anyways speaking of clutches, the stock clutch on my car grinds when i put it into 6th gear when i am at low rpms but when i am on the expressway doing like 70-75 it goes in gear fine. and also after i get on it and shift through the gears it is very hard sometimes to put any of the gears in gear i have no idea what this is and i want to get it taken care of..... only thing i know it could be is the slave,syncros(not to sure what these are let me know if possible) clutch, clutch need to be bled, clutch fluid, new shifter like slp or hurst or maybe a pro shifter, tranny rebuild i have no clue guys let me know thanks.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:03 AM
Teching In

SS2FAST4U... was my old name until some S-10 buried me into a concrete wall!!