Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do?

I just bought an 02 SS M6 and I was wondering what Headers/Exhaust combo provides the best sound/performance? Money is not part of the equation! I have already bought the SLP airlid, SLP MAF, and SLP smooth bellow. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-23-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MY1stSS
I just bought an 02 SS M6 and I was wondering what Headers/Exhaust combo provides the best sound/performance? Money is not part of the equation! I have already bought the SLP airlid, SLP MAF, and SLP smooth bellow. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks
if you have the money go with kooks or qtp's for headers.. as far as catbacks go.. hit up ls1sounds.com and figure out what you like the most. everyone has an opinion. plus check out jrp's stickies!!! the search button is your friend .
Old 03-24-2006, 01:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Definite Kooks or QTPs. Best sound and best flowing are true duals dumped before the axle. If you are looking for a catback and out the rear, you will get a lot of different comments on which SOUNDS best. GMMG, Borla, Corsa, SLP LM, Hooker, Magnaflow, blah,blah,blah. I'm a bit partial to GMMG.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

One more vote for kooks. My car is fairly quiet at idle and screams at WOT, with the ory and hooker CB.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

As far as sound is concerned you can get a great sampling of different combos at ls1sounds.com

Congrats on your LS1...
Old 03-24-2006, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Best sounding and best flowing may not always be found in the same setup especially since "good" sound is a matter of personal preference. My car is BONE STOCK unfortunately but I've heard a lot of different setups in person on other folks' cars and personally while most people say they like the sound of true duals, I for one don't like it. True duals are, however, the best flowing setup hands down. For excellent sound quality, +1 for the GMMG.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Teching In

thanks for all your feedback guys, I have some direction on what I want to do now.