Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need your opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need your opinions please

ok here's the deal. ive been thinking about getting the fast 90/NW 90 setup for a while now and ive finally told myself to do it.well the problem is i cant really spare the full cost of the intake and t.b so i was thinking about buying the t.b first and save the money up for the intake. what you guys do? wait? or piece it together?
Old 04-17-2006, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I would be lieing if I told you getting this set up was a good idea at all in your position.
You have a very mild cam, headers that are doing no more then the stock manafolds were, and already have the ls6 and 80mm TB...
quite simply your motor is not going to benifate much(if at all) from the added intake flow since it is not being choked up right now...

At a maximum you are looking at gaining 7-8 hp for 1000 bux???
this just makes no sence at all...
IMHO the 90/90 is what you do when you are trying to squeeze a max effort out of a serious H/C or built motor car...

your mod list does not show a TQ converter... Your money would be much better spent there.

But if you are dead set on getting the 90/90 then save up and buy it all at once as the TB wont work without the intake and visa/versa...

Best of luck...
Old 04-17-2006, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
Well I would be lieing if I told you getting this set up was a good idea at all in your position.
You have a very mild cam, headers that are doing no more then the stock manafolds were, and already have the ls6 and 80mm TB...
quite simply your motor is not going to benifate much(if at all) from the added intake flow since it is not being choked up right now...

At a maximum you are looking at gaining 7-8 hp for 1000 bux???
this just makes no sence at all...
IMHO the 90/90 is what you do when you are trying to squeeze a max effort out of a serious H/C or built motor car...

your mod list does not show a TQ converter... Your money would be much better spent there.

But if you are dead set on getting the 90/90 then save up and buy it all at once as the TB wont work without the intake and visa/versa...

Best of luck...
actually that car is sold maybe i should take it off my sig. i have the 2000 ram air with an HPE "S" cam long tubes ported t.b and magnaflow. still the stock intake. sorry bout that i shoulda given more info on my setup..
anyone else have any thoughts?
Old 04-17-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

TTT anyone else
Old 04-17-2006, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevensLS1
actually that car is sold maybe i should take it off my sig. i have the 2000 ram air with an HPE "S" cam long tubes ported t.b and magnaflow. still the stock intake. sorry bout that i shoulda given more info on my setup..
anyone else have any thoughts?

Minus the TC (since now you have a 6-speed) My advice stays the same... 1000 bucks can get you much more bang elsewhere then the 90/90 will...

Snag a Ls6 intake from the classified section for 200-250 bucks

As for how to spend the rest...

What are your goals for the car? If you know that, then it is much easier to help with a mod plan...
Old 04-17-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Regular

Its hard cuz you know that fast intake looks beautiful sittin on that ls1 block I understand. But I agree, there are a few items u need before you drop 1000 bucks for 10 horses. Theres no need for all that extra cfms and air flow, if youre motors not built to use it.