Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions

ok i'm here to ask questions to help a friend with his car and what he should do. He is gettin a camaro z28 01 or 02 i believe its 02. He told me that he wanted to add a s/c to it. I'm rather against the idea for him to get one considering its his first car really sides the mazda 626 he has now and you really can't compare them. the camaro is fast enough to start but he wants engine work done so i'll help him so i went looking around trying to find s/c and stuff and was trying to find one that isn't too much but is still decent but then i thought about it, his car is bone stock so i'm looking to what he should do first. I was thinking he get a CAI, intake manifold, exhaust system, new fuel rail with new fuel injectors, new fuel pump, muffler before he did the s/c. So i was wondering if you guys could actually show me products such as these and also things he would want to get also to help his car and should he get forged internals also. He says he wants to try and keep it to 8 grand tops.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Resident

First have your buddy read this entire thing:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/361959-so-you-wanna-fast.html

Basicly, get a Lid (any type), then some headers (pacesetter LT's), a cat-back exhaust (personal preference), a stall converter if its an automatic trany, and then finaly think about a S/C
Old 07-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Teching In

lol yeah i was already reading it i'm on like my 3rd or so write up going back between each one. He is not really car note worthy as in doesn't know much, me on the other hand i know more by far than him but i still have too much to learn truthfully. I got the lid is first, headers and such i was curious just how much should he do before he drops in a s/c