Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd gear popping out

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2nd gear popping out

When I drive mostly going around corners in 2nd gear, the shifter will pop outta gear and go into neutral. Also today, just driving straight and it popped out. What is causing this?

Is my second gear shot?

Should I be bringing this to the dealership for warranty work?

Also when shifting, there is a little "nick" I can feel when shifting from 1-2.

Thx for any help. I am gonna check the shifter stop bolt and make sure it hasn't come loose and it alows the shifter to fully engage. Other than that I have no idea.

Thx
Old 08-13-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

This would get better reply in the manul transmission section. (But that wont stop me from replying like some people )

Since you have an aftermarket shifter, make sure the shift stops let it go all the way into gear.

If this is not a cause, then I'd guess your slider keys / shift forks for that gear are gone.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Thx for the reply. I did post it in the Man Trans section...no replies...go figure. Well, I checked the rubber boot around the shifter, almost looked like the rubber was coming between the stop bolt and shifter handle, causing it not to fully engage. I removed the rubber with a knife, and made sure there is still a small gap between the shifter handle and the stop bolt. Took it for a rip today, feels better actually, and no pop outs as of yet. Keeping fingers crossed.

Thx.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

my car sometimes pop out of third,, my friends car sometimes pop out of gear to.. i just put in back in gear an continue having fun driving it
Old 08-14-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Thule
my car sometimes pop out of third,, my friends car sometimes pop out of gear to.. i just put in back in gear an continue having fun driving it
Come on man, that is just stupid. I don't think he wants to continue doing damage to his transmission.