Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring help

I am trying to identify all of the plugs on a 98 TA-body harness that I want to put in to my 67 Camaro with ls1 And 98 Camaro dash. I bough the harness uncut and removed from a car, but also unlabeled. I have figured out where most of the plugs go except for the radio and clutch/brake switches I have the helms manual for a 98 F car but it doesn’t identify body harness plugs very well.

First question do all cars come from the factory wired for all options like traction control, monsoon radio, convertible top even if it is a hard top. If so this could explain some of the mystery plugs

Second I have a pedal assembly from a 96 6-cylinder five speed car it has four switches on it one for when the clutch is in, one when it is out and, two on the brake pedal. I can only find one plug on the harness the will plug in and it plugs into the clutch in switch there are two other plugs that come out of the loom in the same place but wont fit any of the switches do six cylinder cars have different switches that could explain this so if any one is willing to climb under the dash of there 98 LS1 powered car and take a picture of the switches on the pedals that would be greatly appreciated.

If any on here has a good knowledge of all the body plugs and wants to help me identify the rest of the harness I can take pictures and post them

Thanks for your time and help
Old 08-31-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'd get better responses on this in the conversion and hybrid section. I know people in that section have had to deal with similar situations before.