Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How fast has anyone gone with stock LS1, A4 and nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How fast has anyone gone with stock LS1, A4 and nitrous

Cant really make up my mind what to do with a car im getting, I might even try to sell it (getting it in a trade). Thought about just putting a bottle on it and lid and do the free mods. How fast you think it would go with 125 shot or possibly 150 shot?
Old 10-03-2006, 07:21 PM
SSU's Official "Talent Scout"

With stock internals you won't go to long spraying 125-150 shot. It will do it but you are really chancing it. Some guys have done it...depends on the mileage (condition) of the block and how agressive you are with it. I suggest reading up on the juice before you go 150 shot.

The search button is your friend...there are alot of posts, info and write-ups on this subject...
Old 10-03-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

ill just say you'll spend a lot more time in ur garage rebuilding your motor than you'll spend at the track...
Old 10-03-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As in MPH in the quarter or MPH toping your car out...
Old 10-03-2006, 09:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SpenceSpeed
With stock internals you won't go to long spraying 125-150 shot. It will do it but you are really chancing it. Some guys have done it...depends on the mileage (condition) of the block and how agressive you are with it. I suggest reading up on the juice before you go 150 shot.

The search button is your friend...there are alot of posts, info and write-ups on this subject...
lol...what are you smoking.

If you do your nitrous set up right including the right amount of fuel and some fine tuning, it can be completly reliable. I highly suggest that you do search the nitrous forum. There are plently of us that have been stuffing tons of nitrous down our stock motors for years with no issues. Hell, the last year that my car was a daily driver I was going through atleast 15lbs a week.

With full boltons, a converter, alittle weight reduction, and a 150 shot, I ran acouple of high 10.90s. Think my best mph was 127 at the time. Other than that the car was stock. Still has alot of those stock parts in it too. Motor, trans, rear. Numbers in my sig were on about 225 shot.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GM Muscle

If you do your nitrous set up right including the right amount of fuel and some fine tuning, it can be completly reliable. I highly suggest that you do search the nitrous forum. There are plently of us that have been stuffing tons of nitrous down our stock motors for years with no issues. Hell, the last year that my car was a daily driver I was going through atleast 15lbs a week.

With full boltons, a converter, alittle weight reduction, and a 150 shot, I ran acouple of high 10.90s. Think my best mph was 127 at the time. Other than that the car was stock. Still has alot of those stock parts in it too. Motor, trans, rear. Numbers in my sig were on about 225 shot.
I agree, it is all in the proper setup, installation and use.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:14 PM
12 Second Club

Thank you.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:59 AM
SSU's Official "Talent Scout"

If you do your nitrous set up right including the right amount of fuel and some fine tuning, it can be completly reliable.
That was my point for having him read-up on the juice before he just goes and slaps it on there. Alot of guys have done it wrong and wound up wrecking the engine.

You obviously got it right with your setup...He's a new owner and we don't want him running out, buying a kit and putting it on by himself and thinkin he's ready to spray.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SpenceSpeed
That was my point for having him read-up on the juice before he just goes and slaps it on there. Alot of guys have done it wrong and wound up wrecking the engine.

You obviously got it right with your setup...He's a new owner and we don't want him running out, buying a kit and putting it on by himself and thinkin he's ready to spray.
Ive been running nitrous on cars for over 10 years. Im not a newbie with the stuff. I havent had it on a LS1, but I know the ups and downs and tuning a car with nitrous. Ive been well into the 9's with previous cars on nitrous. I honestly bet I could tell most people on this board things about nitrous that would freak people out. I was just asking how fast people have gone. BTW, the search function was not operating correctly when I posted this. Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Quick Reply: How fast has anyone gone with stock LS1, A4 and nitrous